Why Consumers Buy
Spacious, High-Quality Accommodations
Truly a home away from home, the high quality of accommodations offered at vacation ownership resorts typically include:
- Spacious floor plans and home-like amenities, compared with traditional hospitality accommodations;
- Flexibility and space, from studio units to spacious three bedroom villas;
- Fully equipped kitchen with dining area;
- Washer and dryer, stereo, televisions, DVD players/VCRs; and more.
Vacation ownership resort amenities often include:
- Swimming pools, tennis courts, Jacuzzi, spa and fitness facilities;
- Golf, boating, skiing, water sports, and amusement and theme parks on-site or nearby; and
- Planned children’s activities.
Once you purchase a vacation ownership product, the vacation choices are endless. The inherent flexibility of the timesharing concept is offered through many alternatives in location, unit size, time of year, and the opportunity to exchange to other resorts. Vacations can be at a fixed time or can vary each year, and accommodations can range from a studio to a two- or three-bedroom villa. As an owner you can opt to visit your home resort or exchange to other resorts, spas, cruises, hotels, and specialty tours throughout the world!
Credibility of the Industry
According to industry research, trust is a key purchase motivation cited by satisfied vacation ownership buyers. CRDA resort developers include some of the world’s most recognized names in hospitality as well as established independent resort developers.
For more than 28 years, CRDA members have worked with federal and provincial government officials in support of legislation to protect consumers. In fact, CRDA was the first to institute its own voluntary rescission period of 5 days and, as a result of our leadership on this issue, consumers in many provinces now have a legal right of rescission—a period of time typically five to ten days during which you may cancel a purchase contract for any reason without a penalty. In addition, most provinces have laws or rules that ensure truth in advertising, that your ownership interest is protected from any financial problems that may affect the developer, and that you receive detailed information about the plan you are purchasing. These laws are designed so that you get the vacations you bargained for.